LIVE from Lindner (AD Whit address)

Discussion in 'Rock of Truth' started by Andrew_Force, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Andrew_Force

Andrew_Force All-American

In minutes Athletic Director Whit Babcock will be addressing the local/regional media regarding the newly-opened University of Cincinnati Head Football Coach positition.

2. Andrew_Force

Ten minutes ago Assistant Coach Roy Manning left the parking garage in a frenzy. Assistant Coach Steve Stripling is still working within Lindner Center. As I mentioned in another thread this can be an equally turbulent time for assistant coaches. Their jobs are anything but secure when the head coach moves on.

3. Andrew_Force

"Some advice I have received regarding dealing with the media...Either tell everything you can or say nothing at all." --- Whit Babcock

4. Andrew_Force

Starting lineman Austen Bujnoch sitting on dais. He is visibly tired or downtrodden. Hopefully he will talk briefly about his feelings and outlook on the future of UC football.

5. Andrew_Force

Whit Babcock
    Whit I have never felt better about being at UC. I am glad I went through that process.

Butch was candid with me and I with him throughout the whole process.

When I see him on the field he can make decisions instantly. Off the field he takes his time. I am sometimes feel a part-time counselour.

Considering the current situation of other coaches and scholarship situations He couldn't walk into this building with a clean conscious by asking for a better offer.

6. Andrew_Force

Whit gave Butch Jones an ultimatum, forcing him to call a team meeting for Friday morning. 'He knew and I knew it wasn't fair for our fans to draw it out," said Babcock.

7. Andrew_Force

Coach Jones met with his team at 7:30 AM this morning. Steve Stripling will be the interim coach throughout the bowl game. Whit left the door open for another coach to replace Coach Stripling

Whit Babcock

Quite frankly if every fan who texted me, called me, or emailed me had bought a ticket we would have sold our allotment out two times over.

8. Andrew_Force

President Ono
    What this program, you and the entire coaching staff have accomplished is a tribute to you. No one can take that away from you. I know that your sense of perspective has taken a blow today. That is inescapable today. Although my own emotions will never approach your own I too am hurt, I too am dissapointed.

Have no doubt that you have no bigger fan than I am. I will be with you next year and for many years to come.

I am looking forward to traveling to Charlotte to support you to Belk Bowl.

9. Andrew_Force

President Ono
    We are truly a team and to me you really are my family.

You can buy a person a lot, but you can't buy his heart. His heart is where his enthusiasm is and his loyalty is. Men I am with you today and will be with you in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte.

10. Bearcat t

Bearcat t Freshman

Whoever coaches the team in the bowl should not be recruiting for Tenn at the same time!