ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Recruiting ***INsider: Dylan Mingo Update***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.

Guys, I just got off the phone with a fairly recent UC offer and target, five-star 2026 point guard Dylan Mingo. The Bearcats offered him a scholarship on June 24. They join a dozen others, like Texas A&M, Missouri, USC, Virginia Tech, Washington and Oklahoma State.
Mingo just got back from Peach Jam, where he played with PSA. No offers from there and no trims to his list, but he's got a ton of interest. I should also mention that Mingo has an older brother, 2025 four-star guard Kayden Mingo. But they play the same position, so it'd be tough to see them at the same school. Still, Dylan said if the situation works out for both to play together, he'd love it, but "I want a school to recruit him for him, and recruit me for me." So, don't think of them as a package deal. They don't have a ton of the same offers and the Bearcats have not offered Kayden.

With UC, Dylan told me he's mostly talked to coach Wes Miller. And that's significant because Dylan told me Miller is one of the only head coaches that he mainly talks to and that he likes how "welcoming" Miller is. Dylan also told me that he believes Miller is "trying to get ahead of the curve," which he likes. But overall, Dylan has not been to UC yet, so he doesn't know a ton. He does like the idea of playing in the Big 12, which is one reason UC can recruit with anyone for top basketball talent.

I asked about USC, since he told our friend Rob Cassidy he's heard a lot from coach Eric Musselman, but he didn't say a ton there. The one Dylan talked about was Michigan State, but he told me he noticed at Peach Jam, Auburn, Notre Dame and Penn State had coaches at each of his games.

So, it's early here. Mingo has no visits planned coming up, but he'll be setting those soon. UC is trying to get him to come for one of the early season football games. So, we'll see.

Full story coming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.