ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: Gabe Lovorn***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.

Guys, someone who doesn't have a UC offer yet but is absolutely worth monitoring is 2025 tight end Gabe Lovorn. He was invited by the UC staff to practice a couple of weeks ago (the first one).
Lovorn has some decent offers right now, like Tulane, Memphis and Marshall. He told me he has an Ole Miss offer, but I can't verify if that's a full offer, a partial or even a walk-on spot. But it's clear the Rebels' staff has stayed in touch and invited him on campus.

Lovorn was at UC July 31 for the first day of fall camp. He told me it was his first visit to Cincinnati and he liked the energy, the facilities and how everyone treated him. Lovorn told me he's talked mostly with assistant coach Cortney Braswell and thinks they have a good relationship so far. "He definitely has high energy and it seems like all the players love him and love being around him," Lovorn told me.

The school that seems to be in best here I think, is Tulane. The Wave have made a concerted push here and he visited there in late June. But then he told me he wasn't sure if he'd officially visit there or not. No dates set, but he said he's working on setting up officials to Ole Miss, Arkansas State and Marshall. Ole Miss is OBVIOUSLY the one to watch here. They're looking at him at tight end and linebacker, depending on how the rest of their class shakes out. It seems like most programs like Lovorn as a tight end, but a few are looking at him as a linebacker. He's kind of a tweener, which has hurt his stock and ranking. But those guys, underrated and undervalued, can sometimes be some of a program's best players.

It was good for UC to get him for the unofficial a few weeks ago. But not sure yet if the Bearcats will move further. He's on the radar and like Ole Miss, they seem to be evaluating how much of a run they want to make at Lovorn.

Full story coming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.