ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: Jahmari DeLoatch on Commitment***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.
Guys, I caught up a little earlier with UC's latest commitment, three-star CB Jahmari DeLoatch. I feel like he and I have been pretty tight for a while now and he's been pretty honest with everything going on. That's why I was able to FutureCast him to UC.
He did tell me, as I thought, that his recruitment changed when he visited UC for its spring game in April. That's when he really sat down with assistant coach Kerry Coombs and where they seem to have really bonded. DeLoatch also told me, "The spring game was a while ago, but coming back for the official let me know that’s where I wanna be."

This past weekend, on his official visit, DeLoatch said he loved the culture in the program, seeing the team and the surroundings in the area. But there are two main factors here: Coombs and UC's business major. DeLoatch said he plans to major in business and that was a deciding factor. It also didn't hurt that he said Coombs compared him to Browns cornerback Denzel Ward, whom Coombs coached at Ohio State. Coombs told him he'd use him just like he used Ward.

I'd seen elsewhere that DeLoatch would run track at UC. I think he'd like to do that, but he told me he hasn't even talked to the Bearcats' track coaches. He said he'd like to do that in his second or third year of college. But it's not an immediate thing.

As I thought he would, DeLoatch said he cancelled his Wake Forest official visit for this weekend. He sounds pretty set on UC, as long as Coombs is around. DeLoatch said he also plans to graduate early and enroll at UC in January for spring classes and spring practice.

Full story coming.

• Love
Reactions: jon cowett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.