ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: Jahmari DeLoatch Pre-UC OV***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.
Guys, I chatted earlier with Oscar Smith (Va.) three-star DB Jahmari DeLoatch. He's set to officially visit UC this weekend.
DeLoatch is coming off an official visit to Virginia Tech. I get the sense that he liked the visit, but wasn't blown away. He had good things to say, but this comment really stood out: "They’re not bad academically, but I think good enough depending on the major. Football, you can be good anywhere if the coaching is right and you do what you’re supposed to do." Just shows that his opinion of the Hokies overall is: meh.

The Bearcats have been trending up here, ever since they got him to visit for the spring game back in April. He almost immediately set an official visit after that. VT, Wake Forest and Vanderbilt have hung around, but he just hasn't talked about them the same.

I think one of THE main reasons here is assistant coach Kerry Coombs. You've heard this before and this is another case of him having a hand in a recruitment. But that trip in April has been DeLoatch's only time at the Clifton campus, so he wants to see more. I told DeLoatch I'd talk to him again this week, so depending on how that goes, I might be switching my FutureCast to the Bearcats. Right now, I have it for VT, but it's really shifting towards UC fast.

More coming when available.

• Love
Reactions: jon cowett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.