ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Recruiting ***INsider: Keyshaun Tillery Update***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.

Guys, I just got off the phone with New Hampton Prep (NH) four-star guard Keyshaun Tillery. He's been one who UC has been consistently going after in recent months and continues to do that.
I know a few Bearcats coaches were on hand at Peach Jam last week and watched a few of Tillery's games. Right now, he plans to officially visit UC on Sept. 13. And I think the Bearcats are in an excellent spot. Tillery said he talks primarily with assistant coach Andre Morgan and has talked with coach Wes Miller a lot. He called them "genuine" and said he likes how they give him not only complements on his game, but critique as well. Basically, he likes how they're not blowing smoke when they talk to him.

Tillery also has official visits planned to Wake Forest (Sept. 6), Ohio State (Sept. 20) and Villanova (Sept. 27). I asked him about all three and he told me he likes Steve Forbes, likes the success the Deacons have had with guards. But the most interesting thing is when I asked about Ohio State, twice he told me that the Buckeyes "do it like Cincinnati does" or something very similar. Like, he said Ohio State coaches give him critiques like UC coaches and how they talk to him is similar to UC. With Villanova, he likes the history with guards and briefly said he likes that coach Kyle Neptune has reached out.

It's too early to say who a leader is. But I know UC really likes Tillery and sources told me they're excited to get him on campus. I don't think he's the top guard they're going after, but they'd take him. Tillery also insists that he hasn't narrowed his list but that "it'll be soon." Maybe someone can sneak in here, but I think it's these four. And again, with an official visit set, based on what he told me, the Bearcats have a GREAT shot here.

Full story coming as well as any other info when available.

• Love
Reactions: jon cowett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.