ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: Maddox Hager***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.
Hey guys, UC's first official visit weekend is this weekend and it'll be pretty busy over the next five weeks or so, especially with the 2025 class. So, ahead of that, I wanted to catch up with some 2026s and 2027s before they take a seat for the most part. First one I caught up with is Maddox Hager, a 2027 tight end from Boyle County (Ky.), just southwest of Lexington. They've won the Class 4A state title four years in a row now.
Hager told me he plans to camp at UC this summer, but not sure which one he'll be at. It'll likely be with his team, which always has a few D-I caliber players. He also said that while he's never been to UC's campus in Clifton, specifically, he's been to Cincinnati quite a bit through the years. Hager's parents used to live in Cincinnati before their current home and his older brother was born in Cincinnati.

Assistant coach Josh Stepp is the main recruiter here. They haven't talked a ton because of NCAA recruiting limitations, but Hager said he's liked what he's heard so far and said he likes how Stepp explains the offense and the plan with the tight ends. Hager said he's also interested because he knows Travis Kelce played with the Bearcats.

It's incredibly early. But the school to watch here til the end will be Kentucky. Hager has grown up watching the Wildcats and ask any kid from the state, there's always a pull to play for UK. It's just too early for much. But Hager said he does have a good relationship with assistant coach Vince Marrow.

Camps coming to UC, West Virginia, UK, Purdue, Florida, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Alabama, Florida State and Georgia. And while it's just interest, he said he's especially happy with the looks from the last two, UGA and FSU. Maybe something to put in the back of your mind for down the road. No decision any time remotely soon. So lots of visits coming. BUt Bearcats did well to get in here early with an offer.

Full story coming.

• Love
Reactions: jon cowett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.