ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: Mason Love***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.
Guys, my aim is still to catch up with UC's basketball targets this month, but I heard back from one of UC's recent offers, 2026 LB Mason Love. I reached out to him when the Bearcats offered last week and he got back to me.
Love said he's up to seven offers, but UC is by far his most prominent. He also has offers from East Carolina, Charlotte, Marshall, UMASS, Arkansas State and Central Michigan.Love hasn't visited Cincinnati yet, but said he plans to be at the Bearcats' season-opener on Aug. 31.

The main reason for Love's interest right now is assistant coach Cortney Braswell, who also made the offer. He also talks a lot with staffer Cass Simmons, UC's director of recruiting strategy. Love told me he and Braswell communicate almost daily and it's usually not even about football. That seems to always be a sticking point with recruits I talk with and seems to be the case again here. "I just think he cares about the people he’s in touch with a lot," Love told me.

I think UC is smart to offer here because they've set the gauge. Love told me he wants to "prove" why the Bearcats offered him. East Carolina sounds like they've also been on him strong and reaches out almost daily. But UC is the barometer, which bodes well.

ECU was the last place Love visited, for the spring game. The only other visit he mentioned coming up was Coastal Carolina, likely for that season-opener on Sept. 7. I'll try to catch up with Love and others after that Towson game Aug. 31.

Full story coming.

Reactions: jon cowett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.