ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***Morning INsider: Blake Bacevich Update***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
NOTE: Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws. Thank you.

Guys, last night I talked to another local product, St. X (OH) defensive end Blake Bacevich. He's up to 15 offers, most recently from Yale and Brown.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/183075

Bacevich said he's actually going to UC today to check out a spring practice. He likes the appeal of staying home and it helps that his grandparents are both UC alums. "They seem to be doing some awesome things," Bacevich said of the program.

Assistant coach Al Washington is the primary recruiter here. But Bacevich said he communicates with coach Luke Fickell, by phone, text or DM on an almost daily basis. Bacevich said he grew up a Bearcats fan and said he has more appreciation for the work the players and coaches do, now that he has the perspective of a recruit, instead of a fan.

The only other visits Bacevich has taken since the first of the year were to Pittsburgh, Louisville and Vanderbilt. The latter two haven't offered, though. With Pitt, Bacevich said he likes how the program shares Heinz Field and a few other facilities with the Steelers. He liked getting to see both sides of that. Bacevich also liked the facilities at Louisville and the campus and layout of Vandy in Nashville.

No other visits scheduled right now. I know a lot of times, with Bacevich's proximity to UC and the fact that he visits frequently would suggest he's a huge Bearcats lean. I get the impression that UC is towards the top, but not necessarily the very top. A lot of it is just convenience. I've seen a lot where guys will visit the nearby school, then sign elsewhere. Not saying that will happen here, but still a long way to go. Bacevich said he wants to commit before the season, but I get the feeling he's waiting on more offers.

Full story coming

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News