ADVERTISEMENT

Site Update: Thank You

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Hey all, I was waiting until towards the end of the day to post this, but wanted to reach out and give y'all an update on the site. Today is my last day as editor of BearcatReport.com. I'll still be in the Rivals network, but at a site to be announced soon. I took over as editor in March of 2017 and it's been a great, nearly seven and a half years since. UC Athletics has seen a TON of change since then, from the rise of Luke Fickell and the football program, to the College Football Playoff, departure of Mick Cronin, bungling of John Brannen, rise of Wes Miller and of course, the move to the Big 12. There's a lot that you, as Bearcats faithful, should be proud of. Cincinnati has a ton of momentum right now, particularly on the basketball side, where the Bearcats are involved with a TON of big-time players. This is a team that will make some noise in the NCAA Tournament.

I want to thank each of you for your patronage, for being here for all my reporting and stories. As someone who has a ton of family in the Cincinnati area, I've been quite familiar with the Bearcats for sometime. My uncle was the principal at Ludlow High School for 20-plus years until he retired. I'm also a diehard Bengals and Reds fan and still avidly support both.

Some of you might have already seen his post, but JT Smith and the guys at The Front Office News will be manning this site beginning at midnight ET. I just spoke at length with JT and I encourage you to give them a shot. Some of you might already be aware of their coverage and they do some great work. They have a lot of enthusiasm and are looking forward to hitting the ground running once they take over for Rivals. My X handle won't change (@jasonstammsaid), so I hope you'll reach out if you have any questions, wanna share any stories or anything else. It's been a privilege getting to run this site and again, thank you for sticking with me!

Sincerely,

Jason

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.