ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: Grant Beerman***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.

Guys, I caught up with another recent offer, Lakota West (OH) LB Grant Beerman, who got the offer after he camped at UC yesterday. Another local kid, though, who's another example of the staff refocusing on local talent.

Beerman told me he has nine other offers, from Purdue, Pittsburgh, Duke, Miami OH, UMASS, Charlotte, Toledo, Eastern Michigan and Marshall. It's been a busy few weeks for Beerman, who told me UC is the last stop out of a camp group that also included Duke, Purdue, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Pittsburgh. The first two obviously ended in offers.

Beerman seemed pretty excited to get the Bearcats offer, since he's a local kid. He told me he spoke with Coach Scott Satterfield at the end of camp and he's the one who personally offered. But that Satterfield also told him about being a hometown guy at UC, what that would mean. Beerman told me he's gone to lots of Bearcats football games during his childhood, since his grandfather is a season-ticket holder and has been for years. And with the camp itself, Beerman said he loved getting to work with assistant coach Nate Fuqua, who also has been his primary recruiter.

I do think Beerman really likes the thought of playing at home. He talked multiple times about how close the campus is to his house. Miami (OH) was the first camp Beerman ever went to, last year. That's where his first offer came from, back in early March and he still mentioned the Redhawks a few times. So again, another sign that it means something to stay close to home.

Beerman said it'll be a last second decision if he camps this weekend at Tennessee. But that would be the last visit/camp he has planned. I think UC is getting in at the right time here and this is a kid I can see being a high three-star when the rankings get updated. He's taken off as of late and he has camped at Rivals, so out analysts have seen him. Plenty early here, though, since he has two seasons of high school left.

Full story coming.

Reactions: GrantBeerman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News