ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: Signing Day Primer***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.

Hey all, on the eve of early National Signing Day, I wanted to go over where things stand with UC, after reaching out to various sources, from recruits, to coaches and those in the Rivals network.

*Honestly, it doesn't look to be a super eventful day, barring something unforeseen. The Bearcats are solid with the following pledges, who all reaffirmed their commitments to UC and plan to sign tomorrow:

**The one that still is in the air is three-star OL Josh Gregory. UC made an in-home visit with him last week and has worked hard to keep him. But I know Wisconsin, Colorado and Missouri are all options here. I'm told the Bearcats feel 'good' here, but that's not super reassuring. He officially visited the Badgers this past weekend and I'm told that really went well. So I think Wisconsin leads here, but you never know if he'll stick with UC.

***Rivals250 DB Amare Snowden was all in with the last staff, then decommitted when Fickell left for Wisconsin. DBs coach Kerry Coombs has stayed on him and worked to get him back. But sources have told me this is all but a done deal for Wisconsin. I'm surprised, honestly, since the Badgers are the only Big Ten team without a baseball program. I thought he had a good deal worked out for him to do both at UC. But I'm told Snowden will likely play summer ball and thinks he's in good position to be taken in the MLB Draft. Still, I think he would've put himself in better position to be drafted, had he stuck with UC. But barring something really unforeseen, I expect him to join the Badgers.

****UC has tried to bring in some other commits currently on board with Louisville. Yes, the Bearcats did get Jayden Davis, but that might be it. I'm told I probably "wouldn't believe the money with Adidas" that Louisville has for NIL deals. That and I had one source tell me all the guys who committed didn't do it because of Satterfield. They did it for the school, the city and of course the NIL money.

The one guy it sounds like UC could steal is Rivals250 LB Stanquan Clark. I'm told "That's Nicholson's guy" in regard to new LBs coach Derek Nicholson. Plus, multiple sources have told me that Clark's parents want him out of Miami. Still, that's why the Hurricanes are an option, because of Adidas and that tie, as well as why he could likely stick with Louisville. I think UC's collective could get him something, but I'm told it's doubtful many could match Louisville and its NIL deals, funneled in large part by the school's Adidas connections.

*****Aside from Clark, UC's new staff made a run at Rayquan Adkins and Adonijah Green and got both to officially visit the Dec. 10 weekend. But sources tell me they'll stick with Louisville, again barring something unforeseen. It's worth keeping an eye on both, but I wouldn't expect either to flip.

What this means is that UC will work on some guys who don't sign anywhere tomorrow, get them on officials in January and try to sign them in February. But I'd expect a ton of additions through the transfer portal. That's really gonna be the thing to watch going forward.

Reactions: jon cowett
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News