ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting ***INsider: 6.25 UC Recruiting Update***

jason stamm

Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.

Guys, just like Friday, I don't have a ton of info, but wanted to pass along a few things here, together in this thread, to help you keep track and stay up to date.
*First off, there's been a falling out with Jayden Clark. Just last week, he announced a top three of UC, Indiana and West Virginia. Clark officially visited the Bearcats on June 7. He was supposed to officially visit Indiana this past weekend, but just hours after his top three announcement, with a commitment announcement also posted, he took down the post. I talked to Clark last week and he told me the Indiana OV was off and he was re-evaluating.

I wanna preface this that UC sources haven't told me any details here. But I know West Virginia was never really a serious option. He didn't take an official. Indiana came in a little over a month ago, but all along, I thought he was a lock for the Bearcats. They've taken a few OL since then, as you know and I think what's happened is he didn't jump on the offer soon enough. Had he committed during the official, Clark would be a Bearcat. But the UC staff moved on and now he's not a take. That's a shame, especially for a local kid, but it happens. My guess is the Bearcats coaches try to stay in contact, when things cool down and he could be a backup option, depending on what happens with other targets in the fall.

"The way I see it, God’s gonna lead me in the right direction," Clark told me. "Even though it’s low right now, I know I’ve been blessed with a lot. I just know it’s gonna work out. I just wanna completely focus on football and my senior season. I got mentally caught up and it didn’t work out the way I wanted it to. I just wanna focus on football. Everything else will work out in the end on its own."
**Add Jahari Medlock to the commits whose recruitment isn't over. There might be more, but at least Medlock is open and honest about it. He'd scheduled an official visit a few weeks ago to Maryland on July 26 and he said he still intends to take it. Now, I think Medlock stays a Bearcat when it's done, unless something really changes. But UC was the only official he took and he wants to see more.

"I’m a man of my word, I’m not just gonna cut out," Medlock told me. "I’m gonna stick to it. Honestly, I’m not too interested. Its just already scheduled, already set up. But the thought of it being my first visit, that thought’s in the back of your head, like what else is out there?"
***The highest-ranked target left on the board is Beerman, the only current four-star who's considering UC. He started his official visits off May 31 at UC, then went to Purdue, Michigan State and West Virginia. I'd thought for the longest time this was between UC and Purdue. Beerman has made a ton of visits to Purdue and I know how bad the Boilermakers need a linebacker in the class.

Yesterday, I linked a story from our friend Keenan Cummings, who covers West Virginia for Rivals. He told me he thinks that's changed. "I personally think WVU or Michigan State," Cummings told me. "That's just my thoughts. I don't know right now." So, just something to keep in mind. Keenan has been doing this for a long time and is spot on a lot. He said WV pulled out the red carpet for him on his OV last weekend. I've yet to connect with Beerman myself, but hope to soon. When that happens, I might be able to give a better read, but this is an interesting development.
****Finally, I caught up with another target, Geo Kontosis, who officially visited UC May 31. He posted on social media that he has a top six of UC, Indiana, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Maryland and South Carolina. I can tell you he gave zero mentions of the Gamecocks, so I'd rule that one out. Kontosis has only officially visited the first two and said Pitt and Tennessee have talked about him taking an official visit this fall. I'm not sure Kontosis wants to wait that long.

Personally, I think this will come down to UC and Maryland, with Indiana third. But what it sounds like is he's not sold on either UC or Indiana, since he's taken those officials. IF Tennessee and/or Pitt set up an official, that tells me the offer would be committable. I think Maryland is also slow-playing Kontosis a little bit, too. The gamble when you wait is that UC and Indiana like Kontosis and would take him right now, but not sure how long either will wait. The longer this drags on, the less likely I think Kontosis is to committing to UC.

I've got INsiders with more details on Medlock and Kontosis coming. And as always, I'll post more info when available.

• Sad
Reactions: jon cowett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.